- 8-10 minute oral presentation, 3-5 minutes for questions / spontaneous discussion
- Topic of your choice. Can be a business, technical or a topic covered in B2 course. E.g. company profile, a new market segment, a description of a technical device, environmental or cultural issues, globalisation, sport…Look at blog for ideas
- Oral Examinations to take place (in classroom / during class time) on: MONDAY 12th / 19th JUNE 2017
- To fill in sign-up sheet
- On sheet, student to indicate:
1) Preferred Date and 2) Chosen Topic*
- Some facts – history, industrial sector, global profile, yearly revenue, financial situation
- The strengths of the company – brand image, existing products and new products, impact on the environment
- The threats – any future dangers like existing or new competition, political problems, demand and supply issues
- Future goals – such as entering a new market segment (for example with a new product), acquisition of related company
*Describing a Technical Device, Process or Latest Technology*
- How it works. The functions/technical specifications
- What it is made of. The materials and properties
- What it looks like. Dimensions, shape, characteristics
- How it is used by people – Applications
- Features & benefits the product brings the customer /user.
- Trends in technical development – E.g. Current state of technology and future projections of its development.
- Choose topic wisely and do your research
- Proof-read slides carefully for grammatical / spelling errors
- Practice, practice and practice!
- Use your own laptop or have USB stick for the e-board (if giving an e-presentation)
- Familiarise yourself with all equipment in classroom prior to presentation
How to Give a Better Speech: Talk to a Dog: